Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stockup Sunday - Pasta Salad

If you're new to my blog, Stockup Sunday is one of my "working mom" tricks to make my week a little easier.  You can read more here.  Below is one of the things I made last Sunday.  I'm trying to think up a delicious, exotic-sounding name for it, so if you have any ideas, let me know :-)


Ingredients
1 lb pasta shells cooked and drained
1 handful of sun-dried tomatoes roughly chopped
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
1 medium red onion chopped
1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
1/4 diced salami
1/4 c sliced pickled hot peppers (any variety you like is fine)
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
1 c italian dressing*

Directions
Toss all ingredients together and let stand at room temperature for an hour or so before eating or refrigerating.

* Italian Dressing - I use this recipe and keep the dry mix on hand in my pantry.

Notes
I like this recipe because it's easy, and it lets me use some of the things I preserved from my summer garden (the sun-dried tomatoes and pickled hot peppers).  You can do all the chopping while the pasta boils, then rinse the pasta and toss it all together.  Done in 15 minutes (even faster than Rachel Ray).


3 comments:

  1. That's awesome but do your kids eat it? Mine wouldn't go near it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad is mostly to keep around for my hubbie and our au pair. They both love any kind of pasta salad. Sometimes Ehren, Anna and I eat it too, but Christian won't touch it. Stay tuned, I have a tried-and-true recipe planned for next Sunday that "sneaks" in a lot of veggies, and all my kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about calling it "My Big Fat Greek Pasta Salad"? Too wordy? "Mediterranean Pasta Salad"? Looking forward to next Sunday's idea. My mom's group is sharing our go-to recipes with each other so we can have new easy dinner ideas, so I am excited to hear new ideas!

    ReplyDelete