Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bara's Last Hurrah

Thursday, we took Bara to Valleyfair.  The kids have never been there, but now that the boys are tall enough to ride most of the big rides, we thought it was time.  When we arrived around 4:00 pm, all the school groups were leaving.  There were very few people in the park, so the lines were very short or non-existent. 

Anna and I spent some time at Planet Snoopy (the kiddie rides).


Meanwhile, Dan, Bara and the boys went right for the big rides. They rode every roller coaster they were tall enough to ride. 


Later, we switched it up.  When Ehren and I got the last car on the old wooden High Roller (the wildest seat), he kept his hands up the whole ride.  After we got off, Ehren said, "Oh yeah, I still got it."  That kid is such a crackup!  I haven't been to an amusement park for at least 15 years, and I decided I don't "still have it."  The roller coasters were ok, but spinning rides are not for me anymore.  I couldn't really believe it because I have never been even close to being sick on a ride.  But there you go... that's what happens in 15 years.


No Steel Venom for you!  Oh, too bad you aren't 54" tall.


But Bara had to give it a try.  Notice the look of trepidation on her face.


And there they went.


A fine ending to a fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment