Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mechanically Inclined

Although Ehren and Christian are constantly taking things apart, they hardly ever put things back together.  All the little pieces of things lying around the house drive me crazy sometimes.  One of the things they disassembled was Anna's doll stroller.  They removed the wheels and all the little fittings that held them in place (many small pieces), and they removed the metal pieces that slide into the shade to give it shape.

A couple of days ago Christian was following me asking me over and over, "Mom, when can we download a new game on the iPod?" I told him in an offhand way that we could get one as soon as he fixed the stroller.  I said, "here it is" and went back to my yardwork.  I didn't think he could actually fix it.  About 10 minutes later, he came around to the backyard to tell me, "I got it fixed.  Can we download a new game now?"  He did need my help to start the threading of one of the shade supports, but that was it.  If I'd have known I would be blogging about this, I would have taken a "before" picture to really show the complexity of the task.


This is proof of two things:  This kid's mechanical skills and the power of the promise of a new game on the iPod.

1 comment:

  1. I've always said that kid has a brightly shining future as an engineer!

    ReplyDelete