Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Silver Bullet

Here she is! My new-to-me Grand Caravan.


For about a year, Dan's been dreaming of a built-in DVD player, and I've been dreaming of swivel-n-go seating, where the two captain's chairs in the middle row swivel around to face the the third row bench, and a table pops up out of the floor in the middle -- kind of like driving a little RV, but with a lot better gas mileage.

But guess what? We got a lovely stripped-down model instead for two reasons.  First, since the boys are reading now, I'd like to encourage reading, not movie-watching on road trips.  Second, let's face it, the price tag was very appealing.  But hey, the back seat flips down for tailgate seating {the kids think this is so cool}, and the middle bench has two integrated child safety seats, which will be so convenient when the younger cousins visit.


Stay tuned for more about the used car lot that my driveway has become ...  Anybody looking for a car or van with 150,000 miles?

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!!! I absolutely LOVED the integrated child safety seats. I was surprised at how many times we unexpectedly had other kids and needed to get somewhere. Priceless. Then again, I'm not sure I would've been able to give up on the swivel seat with a popup table concept. I'll continue to dream for that one to still occur.

    ReplyDelete