Friday, April 1, 2011

Do you hear what I hear?

Spring is the best!  I love seeing the sun longer and longer each day.  I love hearing the birds singing in my backyard.  And I love the spring ephemerals {that will soon be} emerging in the woods.


When it comes to the outdoors, I'm more of a flower person than a bird person, but the birds are all I've got right now.  If you are an avid bird enthusiast, here's a tip.  Check out the Cornell Lab of Ornithology web site.  It has pictures, video, audio and identification information for each species of bird.  My husband once worked on their data storage network, which boasts the largest collection of natural sounds in the world.  If you want to hear what I've been hearing in my backyard this week, click on any of these links:  American Robin; Northern Cardinal; Mourning Dove; Red-winged Blackbird.

1 comment: