Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Free!

With my new schedule, I get one day off work each week.  Last week after I dropped the kids off at school, I felt almost giddy with the freedom.  I'm free!  Well, sort of.  The list for my first "free" day went like this:  Get tax receipt for item donated to school; pickup my husband's birthday present, laundry catchup (at least four loads); plant the tulip bulbs I got for my birthday, relocate my Echinacea plant out of the raised bed my husband will be tearing out; get my cell phone fixed; deposit two checks; start marking kids clothes and toys for an upcoming garage sale...  Yeah, yeah, you get the idea, not totally free. 


But still, I got to sneak in a little garage-saling, I got to watch daytime TV while folding laundry, and I won't be doing laundry all day Saturday! This day is a gift.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, just recently received a new work schedule which allows me a day off during the week. My to do list is the same, but I find myself taking time to do personal fun things. I, too, love a good to do list that gets shorter, so every week it becomes a conundrum if I should enjoy life or work to get more items off the to do list (at least in my world these are not the same).

    ReplyDelete