Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Plethora of Peppers

It's practically raining peppers in our garden.  Hot, sweet, green, purple, red, yellow -- we have them all.  I need to find something to do with them.  I'm also trying to find someone who wants to trade me broccoli or basil or apples for some of our peppers.  If you know anyone, send them to me.



In other news, we have a beautiful Cinderella pumpkin,


and two more shaped like the one below.  We planted two varieties of pumpkin plants plus some seeds someone gave us.  We got three pumpkins.  Not exactly a bounty, but perfect for three kids.


And then there's the watermelon.  I'm not sure even one of these will be ripe before it freezes.  No matter what I do, I can't seem to grow melons!


The good news is that we are still cooking from the garden, or from other people's gardens, as the case may be.  These potatoes are from my parents and the corn is from their neighbors.



1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, I am a wee bit jealous of your bounty! We planted pumpkins and zucchini and have had 3 zucchini and ZERO pumpkins so far. I think we have some really lazy bees because we have tons of blooms and buds but no fruit to show for it. There is always next year!

    ReplyDelete